The http://edgarcountywatchdogs.com/ have several articles about the city of Naperville, which of course is in DuPage County .
- City of Naperville uses Private Detectives to Investigate Citizens – click here
- Naperville Hired PR Hitmen… – click here
- “Reverse Spin” – DuPage forest district paying consultants $66,000 – click here
Zoning rules exist for a reason. They keep a neighbor from changing their property in such a way that it devalues the surrounding properties. With County board elections next week, a reminder is in order.
In 2009, An Islamic group bought a house, zoned residential, near Army Trail and Smith in West Chicago IL, and began using it for religious services. The quantity and frequency of traffic became problematic and so the neighbors complained about this illegal use of the property. The early DuPage County Board meetings found against ICWS use of the property, but, having not finalized it, the saga went on and the final meeting found in favor of ICWS.
At all Zoning Board of Appeals (ZBA) board meetings from 2009 thru 2012 at which a decision regarding ICWS was made, they voted NO to the ICWS requests. At one Development meeting they voted YES but the full County Board vote was not taken until 2012, at which point the county board voted NO to the conditional use request. The NO vote from the county in 2012 should have ended this request forever.
However Continue reading “ISLAMIC CENTER WESTERN SUBURBS (ICWS) – Is the Law the Law?”
On Aug 13, 2013 Governor Quinn signed HB1522, allowing DuPage County to enact a stormwater “utility fee” on all properties in the county. The fees, if enacted by the county, will have an adverse impact on property rights as well as being one more mandatory expense, with no guaranty of alleviating flooding.
- Fees would be placed on ALL properties in DuPage County including homes, businesses, schools, churches and the forest preserves.
- The fee-waiver system is designed to push property owners into installing and maintaining expensive green infrastructure on their property. Once installed, unelected county staff will have control of it and your property.
- Administering the new fee-waiver program will greatly increase the cost of storm water management.
- Granting fee-waivers could open the door for corruption.
- This new fee could be the largest tax increase in DuPage County history. Continue reading “DuPage Rain Tax”