2019 Consolidated election schedule
It seems that election season never ends. Many of us are helping our favorite candidate’s campaign for the November 6th 2018 general election (when D200 will have a referendum on the ballot). This fall it is time to find candidates for local elected officials.
For offices that have a primary (some cities: clerk treasurer alderman or trustee):
- The first day to collect petition signatures was: August 28 2018
- Petitions are filed between: November 19 2018 and November 26 2018
- CONSOLIDATED PRIMARY: February 26, 2019
Consolidated General Election (for offices without a primary (all others)
- The first day to collect petition signatures was: September 18 2018
- Petitions are filed between: December 10 2018 and December 17 2018
- CONSOLIDATED ELECTION: April 2, 2019
The complete schedule: https://www.elections.il.gov/Downloads/ElectionInformation/PDF/2019ElectionCalendar.pdf
The Citizen Participation organization has created a set of on-line tools and guidebooks to assist citizens who are contemplating a run for local office. The web page is http://www.citizenparticipation.org/resolving-the-problem.html Take a look now. It is a combination of civics tutorial and detailed how-to information.
Once, petition signatures can be collected, a tool that accepts your input (name, address, office sought, etc) will become available. It will create custom forms for you to print.
Wheaton-Warrenville CUSD 200 will have three seats up for election in 2019
If you are interested, fill out and print your petitions and gather the needed signatures. Also reach out to us. You can find me on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/jan.shaw.399