2/5/2018 Wheaton city council voted “NO” to zoning law changes requested by Haymarket.
- 7:20 Haymarket discussion starts.
- 13:10 rules for public comment – only taking comments for the text amendment (item on the table) and says not to repeat items already in the record. All speakers except attorneys will have 3 minutes. Changed his mind will limit to 3 minutes rather than 5. What is the city’s public comment policy?
- 13:45 Haymarket proponents Mr. Bond
- 15:20 Haymarket CEO
- Then back to Mr. Bond goes until 28:19 (about 15 minutes)
- 28:20 Public comments (Mayor interrupts to remind him of the rules and timing)
- 2nd speaker DuPage already has 8 location serving the same type of clients (4 in hospitals, 4 near) & we know of outpatient areas not near hospitals.
- 32:00 Mayor Gresk interrupts to stop anything he thinks is not on topic and to announce 1 minute left – is this stifling freedom of speech.
- 54:45 Ron Almiron (candidate for County board, district 4)
- 1:00:00 Comments by each city council member.
By 1:10:00 they voted to deny the text amendment, then went on to vote to deny the special use permit.
Thank you to all residents who participated in this process.