The current administrator contracts were approve last year at the June 8, 2016 board meeting as entries in the personnel report which was attached to the meeting’s agenda.
Several years ago I asked the board in my public comments if they had any idea what they had approved? The board packets listed who had contracts renewing, but nothing about salaries or benefits. I thank the board for including the administrator’s salaries in the personnel reports after that.
However, I don’t see a sample contract attached to last year’s agenda so that the board & public can know what benefits are included.
There is a finance committee meeting at 7:30 AM on May 31. Meeting Notice And the next regularly scheduled board meeting is 7:00 pm on June 14. That board meeting is when the administrative contracts should be approved. Expect the meeting notice to be posted on the preceding Friday. By law it must be available at least 48 hours prior to the meeting.
- The administrators contracts that I have were all for one year – expiring June 30, 2017. That is the end of next month! (correction the ones I have were for July 1, 2015 to June 30, 2016. The renewed last year)
- The current WWEA teacher contract expires June 30, 2018
- The Classified Education Association (CEA) 2014-2017 (support staff) also expires end of June.
- The Superintendent’s contract also runs through June 30, 2018
In my opinion:
- The Board must know what is in the contract that they are approving – a sample admin contract should be attached to the meeting agenda.
- ALL post career compensation must go!
- Extra sick days for pension padding must go!
- Administrators must pay their own pension contributions, just like teachers do – and no, we cannot give them large raises so that they see no loss in net pay. This is a perk they never should have had.
For my analysis of the current contracts see: